Comment on page
You can take control over the Importing of your event data into the system! This article describes how you can successfully do so.
You can import various data in bulk for your event directly into the admin panel using the 'Import data tool'.
- 1.Log in to the event Admin panel
- 2.Go to Settings --> Import data
- 3.Click on the button '+New import' & choose the option Excelsheet(s)
Pro-tip: We advice you to first import the speakers and afterwards the program. In the program Excel you can include the external IDs of the speakers, to easily link them to their respective sessions.
- 4.Drag and drop the Excel file or click to select the relevant Excel file and click 'Start upload'.
- 5.Select the type of data that you will be importing (you can refer to the Excel sheet name)
- 7.Check the import settings are correct (please refer to Import settings)
- 9.Click on the button 'Confirm import'
The data you are importing must be mapped correctly before you complete the import. Please take your time to read through this section as it explains how you can check that the data is mapped correctly and what to look out for.
- 1.Is field set to unique value?
Pro-tip: We advice you to always set one field as a unique value! This way duplicates can be avoided best. Make sure to choose a value that truly is unique (they should not be entered more than once to the Admin Panel). For users the value of choice would be the external ID, for the program it could be the session names.
- 2.Does the 'Header' match the 'Let's Get Digital value'?
- 3.Do all rows have a green tick in the mapped column?
- 4.When updating data have you clicked on the 'Don't overwrite' option to prevent data from being updated?
There are seven columns in the mapping overview that help you map the data correctly. The table below describes the function of each column:
At the bottom of the mapping page, you will find the import settings. Here there are some essentials areas that need checking before you can continue.
This section explains what you can do to fix any errors that are flagged in the test import.
Once an error has been flagged there are some simple steps you can take to see where the error stems from.
Underneath the error warning you will see a section named 'Import errors'. There are three columns which are explained below:
Error - will tell you the name of the error Description - will indicate what has caused the error Row index(es) - will tell you the exact row(s) and columns where the error occurs within the Excel file.
- 1.First look for the name of the error (in the error column)
- 2.Read the description to see what has caused the error
- 3.Click on the link (in the Row index column) to read where you can fix the error in the Excel file.
You can import images for users, program items and company logos. When importing images for users, it is important to name the PNG or JPG files exactly the same as the names or external IDs of the users, so that they will be linked automatically by the importer. Otherwise, you will need to link them manually.
If you would like to import program item images or company logos, the names of the files should also match exactly the company/program item names. When the images are ready to be imported, you can log in to the admin panel and navigate to 'Settings' -> 'Import data' -> '+ New import' -> Image(s). Here. you can drag-and-drop your images and then scroll through to check that all the images have been linked correctly or link them manually:
Afterwards, you can scroll down and press on the 'Finalize' button to save the images to the admin panel.
Last modified 21d ago