This page explains the various chat functions that exist on the platform and app and the corresponding settings.
A chat is accessible in the lobby and every session. Use the chat to chat with other users. In the company booths, you can also find a chat.
Turn off all notifications if desired:
It is also possible for attendees to create private group chats between themselves. By clicking on chat -> create new chat button, you can select which attendees to create a chat with. This can also be used for organisers to create a group chat with other hosts, speakers and moderators. This chat can then be used for quick communication during the event.
Organisers can pin (and un-pin) chat messages in the public group chats (lobby chat, programme session chats, company chats, poster chats). This can be used to display important information that should not get drowned out by other messages.
Speakers and moderators can also pin (and un-pin) messages in the programme session chat, while users assigned to posters and companies can pin (and un-pin) messages in the corresponding chats as well.
It is possible to send chat messages to attendees by clicking on the text 'active attendees' within the Lobby, Company, Poster or Session chat.
It is possible as an organiser to restrict specific users from the public chats listed below. The restricted user will be able to view the chat but won't be able to write a comment/ message.
- Lobby Chat
- Session Chats
- Company Booth Chats
How to use the function:
Step one - Enable function in settings
- 1.In the admin panel, navigate to 'Settings' and choose 'Virtual event settings'
- 2.Click on 'General' on the left hand side menu
- 3.Scroll down to the option named 'Enable organisers to restrict users from participating in the group chats'
- 4.Make sure it is enabled
Step two - Restrict the specific user
From the Admin panel click 'Users' --> All Users --> Choose the user you want to restrict and click the edit icon
--> Check the box 'Restrict access to group chat'
- 1.In the admin panel, hover over 'Settings' and choose 'Virtual event settings'
- 2.Choose 'General' on the left hand side menu
- 3.Scroll down to 'Allow users to report chat messages'
- 4.Make sure it is enabled
The users can report messages in the chat by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of messages:
- 1.In the admin panel, navigate to 'Communication' and choose 'Reported messages'
- 2.Here you can see all reported messages and how many times they have been reported
- 3.If you delete a message here, it will be deleted for everyone, so no one will be able to see the message anymore.
It is also possible for users to participate in the group chats from the app: Lobby chat, programme chats, poster chats and company booth chats. This implies that in-person attendees do not miss out on the discussion in the lobby chat or in programme chats that can unfold at hybrid events. It can also be useful for in-person events - attendees can start a discussion in the lobby chat or programme chat, increasing the level of possibilities to interact at your event.
Accessing the lobby chat from the app
Accessing a programme session chat from the app
Accessing a company booth chat from the app