Comment on page
Matchmaking (Virtual event)
Read this article further to see why you should use the Matchmaking feature at your event!
The Matchmaking feature aims to encourage networking amongst users at your event. The feature allows you to set up specific matchmaking tags that can be pre-assigned or chosen by the user themself based on their interests or user type.
This feature is available in the Extensive package
You can quickly & easily create your matchmaking tags in the Admin panel by completing the followings steps:
- 1.From the Admin panel click on 'Matchmaking'
- 2.Click on the blue button 'Change tags'
- 3.Click '+New tag'
- 4.Enter the 'Name' of the tag
- 5.Click Add tag
✅ Your first Matchmaking tag is created (repeat steps to create more matching opportunities)
Weighted matchmaking tags allow you to set a priority of who should receive more matches at your event. This allows you to differentiate which user groups or exhibitors will get more focus at the event.
Here's an example: You have 3 different tiers of sponsors at an event (Bronze, Silver, Gold). You as an event organiser want to ensure that the Gold sponsors receive the most matches. The Gold sponsor receives more matches and has higher traction of potential leads.
To set a weight to a matchmaking tag you can complete the following steps:
- 1.From the Admin panel go to Matchmaking
- 2.Click on the blue button 'Change Tags'
- 3.Either create a new tag or edit an existing tag (All the tags must be created before you can add the weight)
- 4.In the section 'Matching tags' type the name of another tag that you want to set the weight against
- 5.Choose the weight of the tag between 1 and -1 (the higher the number the more matches will be generated)
In the example below you can see that we have edited the Attendee matchmaking tag setting the weight of how many matches a Gold, Silver and Bronze Sponsor will receive. The Gold Sponsor is given a 1, Silver 0 and Bronze 0.5 this means Silver will receive fewer matches than Gold sponsors but more that Bronze sponsors
Matchmaking tag weight
The users will be able to see based on which matchmaking tags they have been connected to in the advanced network carousel.
Optionally, the matchmaking tags can also be made visible for users in 1on1 calls:
- 1.In the admin panel, hover over 'Settings' and choose 'Virtual event settings
- 2.On the left-hand side menu, click on 'Networking bubble'
- 3.Scroll down to 'Show matching tags in a one on one sessions'
- 4.Make sure it's enabled
Users will be asked to fill in their interests the first time they log in and can update their interests by editing their profile.
A pop-up will notify users that they have new matches. Matches can be accessed via the contact screen.
Visibility of matchmaking tags in advanced network carousel
Last modified 3mo ago