Comment on page
Vimeo stream (VP)
In the lobby a Vimeo live stream or video can be build in to welcome everyone who logs in.
- 1.Login into Vimeo.
- 2.Click on 'Live events'.
3. Click on 'Create live event'.
4. Complete the basic fields as applicable, you can select either One Time or Recurring and click 'Next':
It is not necessary to put the privacy setting of the live stream in public. The live stream can also be hidden from Vimeo but still be visible on the platform. However, the live stream has to be one-time, to produce the right link for the platform.
5. The link needed will show on the left side.
6. When streaming, click on 'Next' in the top right corner.
7. Select 'Connect (RTMP)'.
8. This information is needed to connect with the encoder.
To find the option to insert the live stream within the admin panel:
- 1.In the Admin Panel, hover over settings.
- 2.Select 'Virtual event settings'.
3. Click on 'Lobby content' from the left-hand menu.
4. Select Vimeo Livestream and copy the Vimeo URL into the 'Vimeo URL' tab.
5. Scroll down and click on 'Save changes'.
It's also possible to add a normal video from Vimeo which automatically plays when somebody opens the Let's Get Digital environment.
Your stream will be visible in the lobby.
Last modified 3mo ago