Push notifications (App)
You can set up and control who to and when push notifications are sent via the admin panel. This article describes where you can control them from and how to create/edit/delete them.
Available for: in-person events; packages: core, advanced and extensive
To find the push notifications feature within the admin panel, hover over the communication tab and select 'Push notifications' from the drop down menu.
Push notifications are the best and most effective way to communicate with your users. One of the reasons it is effective is because you can filter who you send notifications too from the following groups:
- Push to everyone - Every registered user.
- All speakers - Every user assigned as a speaker to any programme item.
- All company representatives - Anyone linked to a company.
- Programme item - Anyone linked to a programme item (I.e. Users who have favourited a programme item, and speakers).
- All hosts/organisers - Every user set up as a host or an admin.
- Users with tag - Users with a specific tag (Choose which tags later).
In the app, navigate to admin options in the menu, click on 'Send push notification':
Step 4 is split into two options, A and B. They are explained in the steps below but the difference is when the notification is sent.
Follow option B to set your notifications up for a later time and save the need to create them during the event!
- 1.Open the home page.
- 2.Choose who you want to send the notification to.
3. Complete the fields as applicable (Any field marked with a * are mandatory). 4. a) Click on 'Send now' if you want to send the notification immediately (Choose this option and any following steps will no longer apply) b) Click on 'Send push notification later' to display additional settings for deferring the notification to a later date/time. 5. Choose the date and time you want the notification to be sent. 6. Click on the green 'Send later' button.
Each notification has two icons to their right (Under actions):
- Edit icon: Click here to make adjustments similarly to when creating a notification
- Delete icon: Click here to remove the notification altogether.
- Send push notification right now: Use this button to send push notifications that are schedule for the future out immediately
Note: If you chose to send the notification immediately, you can edit the time to re-send the same notification at a future time.