Comment on page
Networking tables (Virtual event)
This is a module that allows your event to create private sessions for a specific group of users. This article explains how to manage virtual networking tables and more.
Available for: online events; packages: advanced and extensive
To find the networking table feature within the admin panel, hover over the communication tab and select 'Networking tables' from the drop down menu.
On the home page, there are a variety of quick view headings for your list of networking tables. These are as follows:
Note: When a networking table is linked to a company, then all exhibitors linked to the company will receive a notification when someone joins the corresponding network table (unless they are present at that network table at that moment). Other users that are assigned to the table will also receive this notification.
- 1.Open the home page.
- 2.Click on 'Virtual table'.
- 3.Complete the 'Networking Table' fields as applicable (Fields marked with a * are mandatory).
- 4.Add a name, thumbnail and description, start time and end time in the appropriate tabs. The thumbnail should be a square image of at least 500*500px in size.
- 5.Enter a subscription end time. Users are allowed to register for the physical networking table up until the entered time.
- 6.Additional options are to:
- 1.Allow a maximum number of free spots for users to register (not connected to the company connected to the table).
- 2.To connect a company to the table.
- 3.Add reserved places for company representatives.
- 4.To only allow attendees with a specific tag to register for the networking table.
Each table has two icons to their right (Under actions):
- Edit icon: Click here to make adjustments similarly to when you're first creating a table.
- Delete icon: Click here to remove the table altogether.
On the stats screen, you can see the number of subscribed users, who's subscribed, and when they subscribed. To find, open and close the stats screen:
- 1.Open the home page.
- 2.Click onunder the stats column next to your table.
- 3.To close the pop-up again, select 'Close'.
Enabling the setting to allow participants to create networking tables
Creation of networking table on the platform
Note: Users can quickly filter for the 'rigdrop-downrking table by using the search button in the bottom right of the networking tables overview page. This can be very useful when there are many networking tables active at the same time and the attendees are searching for a specific one.
As an admin or table owner it is possible to kick users from the table either back to the Lobby or to the Networking table overview. This can be completed using the following steps:
- 1.From the virtual event go to the Networking table
- 2.In the top right corner click the 3 dots --> select 'Remove users from networking table'
- 3.Choose either to send users to the Lobby or to the Networking table overview
The tables are shown and may be selected from the map to join the table. The networking tables can also be joined from the company booths of linked companies as well as from a lobby tile and a navigation item:
Joining networking tables from a lobby tile
Joining networking tables from the interactive map
Joining a networking table from the company booth
Joining a network table from the navigation item
Joining the networking tables from a program item
Last modified 3mo ago