Comment on page
YouTube stream (VP)
In the lobby or a company page, a YouTube live stream can be built to welcome everyone who logs in.
Activating a new YouTube account for livestreaming can take up to 24h
YouTube livestreaming via an encoder (explained in detail):
To start a live stream a webcam, microphone and a YouTube account are required. Make sure you have the most up-to-date browser, operating system, and a good internet connection (500+ Kbps).
Next, enable live streaming for the YouTube account by completing the following steps:
- 1.Click here to verify the YouTube account. This process is quite straight forward. Select your country, preferred verification code delivery method, preferred language of the message and your phone number.
- 2.Enter the 6-digit verification code you received on your phone.
- 3.The YouTube account should now be verified.
Note: Enabling a live stream for the first time may take up to 24 hours. Once enabled, the stream can go live instantly.
Before you can start live streaming you need to download encoding software to set up the live stream. YouTube offers some options for encoding software, which can be found here. We recommend downloading Open Broadcaster Software. Useful information on how to use OBS in combination with YouTube can be found here.
To live stream on YouTube on mobile you will need at least 1,000 subscribers and an Android 5.0+ or iOS 8+ device.
Once everything is set start the live stream on YouTube. How to start the stream through a web browser:
- 2.Click on
- 3.If necessary, give YouTube permission to use a camera and/or microphone.
- 4.Give the live stream a title, select a privacy setting (public or unlisted) and select if you want to live stream now or schedule a stream at a later moment.
- 5.Choose whether you'd like to upload an image from your computer to use as a thumbnail.
- 6.Under 'Audience' select 'No, it's not Made for Kids'.
- 7.Click the blue 'CREATE STREAM' button.
- 8.A menu is displayed in the top-left corner where streams and webcam can be managed.
- 10.Ensure the webcam is selected in the navigation menu at the top.
- 11.Hit the 'Go live' button in the top-right corner to start the stream.
- 12.Left of the 'Go live', click on 'Share' which has an arrow sign. It displays a link to the live stream, which is needed for the next part.
YouTube will automatically upload an on-demand version of the live stream to the channel.
To find the option to insert the live stream within the admin panel:
- 1.In the Admin Panel, hover over settings.
- 2.Select 'Virtual event settings'.
3. Click on 'Lobby content' from the left-hand menu.
Select YouTube Livestream and copy the streaming ID into the 'YouTube Lobby stream id' tab. The streaming ID is the last part of the URL of your YouTube stream, the part after the = sign.
Adjust the YouTube Lobby Volume. Attendees can also change the volume in the lobby by themselves.
Scroll down and click on 'Save changes'.
It's also possible to add a normal video from YouTube which automatically plays when somebody opens the Let's Get Digital environment.
Your stream will be visible in the lobby.
Last modified 3mo ago