This article describes how you can add/edit/delete users within the admin panel in order for them to be able to download and use your app, plus all other functions that can be controlled.
Tip: There are 4 different types of users to know about before you begin to manage them:
- Attendees - The event attendees.
- Speakers - The presenter of a programme item.
- Organisers - The people who are arranging the event and are provided access to the admin panel.
- Exhibitors - An attendee connected to a company attending the event.
Whilst there is an overall home page for all users, each type also has a dedicated home page to make the management process and functions easier to handle.
To find the users feature from within the admin panel, hover over the 'Users' tab and select either 'All users' or the specific type of user you are interested in.
On the home page, there are a variety of quick view headings for your list of users. These are as follows:
The user's name
Their e-mail address
Their registration code
Any associated tags
To individually manage the user.
The actions drop down menu has 8 different options:
- User badges - Generate badges sorting by first name, last name or by specifying a group using tags.
- 1.Open the home page.
- 2.Click on 'New user'.
3. Complete the basic fields as applicable:
4. Complete the 'User details' fields as applicable:
5. Complete the 'Extra user information' fields as applicable:
6. Complete the 'Connecting user' fields. 7. Click on 'Add user':
Tip: No field has to be completed when creating a new user, allowing you to create blank users that are ready to be auto-completed when necessary.
Each user has four icons to their right (Under actions):
- Edit icon: Click here to make adjustments similarly to when creating a user.
- Delete icon: Click here to remove the user altogether.
- Mail icon: Click here to see sent mails or to send a new mail.
- Check-in icon: Click here to manage the users check in.
To bulk edit multiple users, select the checkboxes on the left hand side in the users overview. Several buttons will appear in the top left corner. They give you the opportunity to bulk edit the selected users in the following way:
- 1.Adding tags to the selected users
- 2.Removing tags from the selected users
- 3.Sending emails to the selected users
- 4.Exporting the selected users
- 5.Deleting the selected users
In the admin panel overview as well as in the user overview, you can see how many users are currently locked out of the platform. When a user tries to enter the platform and enters a wrong password multiple times, they get locked. By editing their profile, you can unlock them: