Matchmaking is a feature designed to encourage networking and promote connections between users using tags created in the settings (See here). This article will discuss it's features in further detail
Available for: in-person events; packages: extensive
Please read the below carefully as it is crucial to the success of the matchmaking system and help your users get the most from the event.
Matchmaking tags work differently to others because once you've created them in the admin panel, they appear as 'interests' to your users and it is then down to them to select the interests that apply to them. Additionally, matchmaking tags can be either matched 'positively' or 'negatively' to other matchmaking tags:
- When matching the matchmaking tags 'positively' to each other, it will increase the likelihood that the users with these tags will be matched with each other. This means that our system recognises that people with these tag hold the same interest and could benefit from matching.
- In reverse, matchmaking tags can be matched 'negatively' to each other. The system recognises that people with these tags would not benefit from connecting to one another and therefore won't.
Tip: Negatively matching tags could be useful for users looking for work as they need to match with users of an 'opposite' interest (i.e. users hiring new employees, not other people also looking for work).
- 1.Open the home page.
- 2.Click on 'Change tags'.
- 3.Click on 'New tag'.
- 4.Complete the fields as described.
- 5.Click on 'Add tag'.
Hint: Matchmaking tags are used to match users based on interests, so make sure they aren't too vague, nor too specific.
Each tag has two icons to their right (Under actions):
- Edit icon: Click here to make adjustments similarly to when you're first creating a tag.
- Delete icon: Click here to remove the tag altogether.
There are two different ways of matchmaking users. Flick between the tabs below to find out how you can do this.
- 2.Select the number of matches each user should have using the drop down menu.
- 3.Click on '(Re)calculate matches'.
4. Review the number of matches and select 'Save to database' to notify users of their matches.
Note: At least 10 users must have registered their interests before you can connect users.
It is possible to have 5 Automatic match making rounds at your event. This by setup by completing the following steps:
- 1.Open the Admin panel
- 2.Go to 'Matchmaking'
- 3.Click on 'Automatic matchmaking'Edit Automatic match making times
- 4.Set the date and time of the first match making round
- 5.Set the amount of matches for the round (the maximum is 10 matches)
- 6.Click Add more if you would like additional Matchmaking round
- 7.Click 'Save changes'
Please note you can have up to 5 Matchmaking rounds