Connecting Zoom to Samba via OBS (VP)
This article explains how to connect Zoom meetings to Samba via OBS.
In order to connect the audio of Zoom to Samba, a virtual cable (A or B) has to be installed. This can be downloaded for free and is attached in the folder. Only VB Cable A will be necessary.
- 1.Open the Zoom meeting.
- 2.Open OBS on a different screen than where the Zoom meeting is opened.
- 3.Add 'Display Capture' in 'Sources'.
- 4.Name the source 'Zoom (Display) Capture' and press 'OK'.
- 5.Capture the display which displays the Zoom meeting and press 'OK'.
- 6.Click on 'Start Virtual Camera'.
- 1.In OBS, add 'Audio Output Capture' as a 'Source'.
- 2.Leave the name as 'Audio Capture Device' and press OK.
- 3.Select the audio output device which captures the Zoom meeting sound; often it's the speakers of the Desktop/PC and press 'OK' (this should be the same audio device as the audio output Zoom connects to).
- 4.For 'Audio Mixer', select the cogwheel below the 'Audio Output Capture' and select 'Advanced Audio Properties'.
- 5.Select 'Monitor and Output' at 'Audio Monitoring' for 'Audio Output Capture'.
- 6.Close the pop-up window.
- 7.Hover to 'Settings', 'Audio', 'Advanced', 'Monitoring Device' and select the virtual cable 'CABLE-A Input (VB-Audio Cable A)'.
- 8.Close the window and save your changes.
Once video and audio have been setup, follow these final steps:
- 1.Enter the Samba Meeting room (not displayed on the screen where Zoom is opened).
- 2.Select 'OBS Virtual Camera' as a camera source.
- 3.Select 'Communications - CABLE-A Input (VB-Audio Cable A)' for microphone.
From now on, everyone in the Samba room can see and hear your display and sound. Make sure there are no other audio tracks playing on the computer - otherwise, these can also be heard in the Samba room.