Vimeo stream (VP)
In the lobby a Vimeo live stream or video can be build in to welcome everyone who logs in.
- 1.Login into Vimeo.
- 2.Click on 'Live events'.
3. Click on 'Create live event'.
4. Complete the basic fields as applicable, you can select either One Time or Recurring and click 'Next':
It is not necessary to put the privacy setting of the livestream on public. The livestream can also be hidden from Vimeo but still be visible in the platform. However, the livestream has to be on one-time, to produce the right link for the platform.
5. The link needed will show on the left side.
Beware: the link should something like http://vimeo.com/476275919 or http://vimeo.com/event/476275919
6. When streaming, click on 'Next' in the top right corner.
7. Select 'Connect (RTMP)'.
8. This information is needed to connect with the encoder.
Insert the server in the encoder.
This is the streaming key that needs to be inserted in the encoder.
The following instructions explain how to insert the live stream into the lobby. If you are tying to incorporate a Vimeo livestream into a programme item, please refer to this article.
To find the option to insert the live stream within the admin panel:
- 1.In the Admin Panel, hover over settings.
- 2.Select 'Virtual event settings'.
3. Click on 'Lobby content' from the left hand menu.
4. Select Vimeo livestream and copy the Vimeo URL into the 'Vimeo URL' tab.
5. Scroll down and click on 'Save changes'.
It's also possible to add an normal video from Vimeo which automatically plays when somebody opens the Let's Get Digital environment.
Your stream will be visible in the lobby.